2011年4月29日星期五

Upcoming Activties

I am going to write a series of reviews of the kalimbas I've played, and the effect units that I've tried with kalimbas, both in the software and hardware realm. I'll try to let you know about the pros and cons of each product. And some thing to pay attention to.


Also, I've been messing around with note arrangement a lot. I've ordered several kalimbas with custom note layout, and I've disassembled a few kalimbas to rearrange them. There is quite a few thing that I've learned during these processes. Working with those gave me more understanding of the relationship between tone, note layout and playing technique. I would be very happy to share them with you.


Here are the kalimba collection I have (photo taken on 25th, April):

They (from the left to right, upper to lower) are:


Eric Freeman Diatnoic Bass

Andrew Masters Custom Steel Drum Sanza 19-notes

Catatonia Pentatonic Electric 11-notes

Anklang NSR

Mbiraski Custom

Mbira by Jona

Rearranged Mugen Chromatic

Mugen Diatonic

Mugen Original Chromatic

Hokema B5

Rearranged Thomas Bothe Custom 24-notes

AMI Treble Chromatic


Also I was the owner of the JBH chromatic 3 octaves. Due to the unbalanced pickup sound I've returned it. Josh had improved it since then so I think it may not have the problem before, here is a link for it if you are interested:


And this is the current pedal board that I use my pickup kalimbas with :


It contains : Devi Ever Soda Meiser / Strymon El Capistan / Gotharmans Demoon / Boss DD-3 / Moog MuRF


I also use K&K sound's Silver Bullet microphone for micing the kalimbas that are without pickups.

没有评论:

发表评论